Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh my! I love hearing wonderful news from old friends!

I have been kind of addicted to this whole paleo thing.  I mean REALLY addicted.  But you know what?  There are WORSE things to be addicted to.  I feel amazing.  I am healthy, strong, energetic, happy, and I WANT to exercise.  Now if you know me, that last part about the exercise... well, it just doesn't sound like me.

The hubby and I went out for a walk by the lake this evening and just for fun I decided I wanted to sprint.  I have exercise induced asthma (at least I did last time I checked - I haven't sprinted in maybe 4 years) so I wanted to just do a little and see how I felt.  I was wearing my vibram five finger barefoot shoes, so the grass under my toes felt amazing.  I only sprinted for maybe 7 seconds, but I gave it 100%!  Then I slowed down to make sure I wasn't going to have "the weasies," but I didn't.  I was just fine.  So I waited a minute and then did it again.  Hubby even did 2 sprints.  It is really great to know your body can perform like it was made to... just like a cave (wo)man!



Also, after I got home from work I checked my emails and had received a really great note from my old friend Gabi at BrokeAss Gourmet.  She writes a great blog with lots of yummy recipes and she even writes for exercise.com and treehugger.com.  She and I worked at Camp Tawonga together back in the early 2000s.

She writes:

Hi Anne!

Wanted to let you know that your Paleo post was incredibly inspiring to me! After I read it, I started looking at my diet and thinking about the ways I could move it in the direction of primal/paleo eating and, to my surprise it was shockingly easy to do. It's been about a week-and-a-half and my energy is boundless, I've lost almost 10 lbs and my hair, nails and skin look amazing. Normally I think diets are silly, but I now see why this one is so popular. At first I was worried that it would be impossible for a professional food writer to make it work, but it's amazingly doable--and I love the 80/20 rule, and feel quite certain I'll eat this way for the rest of my life.

Hoping all in your life is wonderful. Thank you so much for turning me on to such a great thing. Your blog is great!!

Love,
GLM


This is so great!  I love it.  I look forward to seeing more Paleo friendly recipes on your site and can't wait to hear more about your experience!


And yes, the 80/20 rule is a lifesaver!  It makes paleo so doable.



No comments:

Post a Comment